San Carlo ai Catinari
is a 17th century parish, convent and titular church of the Barnabites of the Congregation of S. Paul, dedicated to St. Charles Borromeo, Archbishop of Milan and Cardinal. It is also known as Santi Biagio e Carlo ai Catinari
, as it was formally dedicated to both St Charles Borromeus and St. Blaise.
For reference, a plan of the church is available here
The church was commissioned by the Order of the Barnabites and funded by the Milanese community in Rome to honor their fellow Milanese St. Charles Borromeo. The church was built between 1636 and 1638. Rosato Rosati was commissioned to design it. It was consecrated on 19 March 1722 by Cardinal Lorenzo Corsini.
It was restored in the 19th century, and again in 1915 after it had been damaged by an earthquake.