In the center of the upper storey is a recessed arched window with a scallop shell carved on its conch. The scallop shell is a reference to the patron saint, St James the Great whose attribute it is. The triangular pediment at the top contains the carved coat-of-arms of Cardinal Anton Maria Salviati. Unusually, this is tilted downwards so as to be visible from the street below.
|Related links:||Anton Maria Salviati (1537-1602)|