Santa Teresa d'Avila
is an early 20th century minor basilica, parish, conventual and titular church which is in the Pinciano quarter, just east of the Villa Borghese and facing the ancient city walls. The dedication is to St Teresa of Jesus (1515-1582), founder of the Discalced Carmelite (OCD) nuns and a Doctor of the Church. The church is also known as Santa Teresa in Corso d'Italia
For reference, a plan of the church is available here
The church was commissioned by the Discalced Carmelite Order and the foundation stone of the church was laid in 1901. It was designed in the Romanesque-Lombard style by Tullio Passarelli
, and completed remarkably quickly. The church was consecrated on April 20, 1902.
On January 13, 1915, the church was damaged by an earthquake. The church was restored in 1936. In 1962 Pope St John XXIII made the church titular, with the title of Santa Teresa in Corso d'Italia.