is a 17th century convent church located on the Piazza di San Pantaleo in the rione Parione. The church dedicated to St Pantaleon
, a 4th century martyr.
This church is listed in a Bull of Urban III of 1186 under the name "Sancti Pantaleonis de Pretecarolis".
It was consecrated by Honorius III in 1216, and dedicated to San Pantaleo, physician of the emperor Galerius, martyred under Diocletian in Nicomedia in 305 and patron of physicians.
In 1621 the church and the adjoining convent were entrusted to Saint Joseph Calasanz
(1557-1648), who was the founder of the Pious Schools and the Order of the Piarists
, who still owns the entire complex.
The church was completely renovated at the end of the seventeenth century to the present appearance, with the exception of the high altar that, and only partly designed by Nicola Salvi in 1746-48, was later redesigned Carlo Murena.