Santa Prassede all'Esquilino

< previous > < index > < next >
Behind the triumphal arch, the presbytery space is delimited by the apse and by two lateral wings in which there are six columns that frame four doors. The presbytery, as it looks today, dates from 1734 and was designed by Francesco Ferrari, commissioned by Cardinal Ludovico Pico della Mirandola. On the apse arch keystone, the Lamb of God on a throne under which is the Book with Seven Seals of the Apocalypse
(Plan location #9)

Related links:  Francesco Ferrari (d. 1744)

(Photo borrowed from internet)