Saint Monica of the Augustinians is a 20th century convent church at Piazza del Sant'Uffizio, just south of the colonnade of St Peter's in the rione Borgo. The dedication is to St Monica, the mother of St. Augustine. This is the church of the Curia Generalizia Agostiana or the Generalate of the Augustinian Friars (Order of St Augustine, OSA).
HistoryFrom the outside, the church looks much older than it is. In fact, it was only built in 1940 to a design by Giuseppe Momo. Unfortunately he died in the same year, and the project had to be completed by Silvio Galizia in 1941.
|Sources:||from Roman Churches Wiki|
|Location:||41° 54' 2" N, 12° 27' 25" E|
|Detailed information and description|