San Marcello al Corso


< previous > < index > < next >
DSC9451
On the right side of the nave is a large polychrome wooden Pietà, traditionally held by the Bernini school, dates to about 1700, conceived to be part of a processional apparatus for the transport, on special festive occasions, of the miraculous Crucifix.

(Photo borrowed from internet)