San Giorgio in Velabro


< previous > < index > < next >
3a73195
Nave
On the counter-fa├žade, between the portal and the rose window, there are three epigraphs: they commemorate the restorations respectively by Giuseppe Valadier in 1828 (left), by Giovanni Azzurri in 1837 (right) and 1869 (in the center). Next to the entrance is a memorial plaque for the former titular cardinal, Luigi Cinscero (1870-1936), who is buried in the Roman cemetery of Trino Vercellese.

Related links:  Giuseppe Valadier (1762-1839)
Giovanni Azzurri (1792-1858)

(Photo borrowed from internet)
© TripAdvisor