The church of San Giovanni della Malva
is a 19th century church of Rome in the Trastevere district. It is the national church of Albania.
For reference, a plan of the church is available here
The church is ancient and dates back to medieval times. The church was attested by a bull of Calixtus II in 1123. On the occasion of the Jubilee of 1475, Pope Sixtus IV had it restored. Unfortunately, in the following centuries the church was gradually abandoned because of the church's strong state of degradation. In 1818 the decision was made to demolish it.
In 1851 the church was rebuilt on a new project of Giacomo Monaldi and paid for by the Grazioli family. It was again restored recently.