The church was commissioned by the Order of the Barnabites and funded by the Milanese community in Rome to honor their fellow Milanese St. Charles Borromeo. The church was built between 1636 and 1638. Rosato Rosati was commissioned to design it. It was consecrated on 19 March 1722 by Cardinal Lorenzo Corsini.
It was restored in the 19th century, and again in 1915 after it had been damaged by an earthquake.
For reference, a plan of the church is available here.
|Related Links:||from Roman Churches Wiki|
|Location:||41° 53' 39" N, 12° 28' 30"E|