Sant'Antonio da Padova in Via Merulana
(also known as Sant'Antonio al Laterano
) is a 19th century conventual and titular minor basilica of the Franciscan Friars Minor. The dedication is to Anthony of Padua.
For reference, a plan of the church is available here
The Franciscan Friars Minor (Capuchins) built a new Generalate (headquarters of the order) on the Via Merulana. The laying ceremony of the foundation stone of the church took place on April 16, 1884. The church was consecrated on December 4, 1887. The architect of the complex of the convent with its church was Luca Carimini. The interior frescoes and paintwork was by one of the friars, Bonaventura Loffredo da Alghero, who finished the work in 1890.
In 1931 Pope Iius XI elevated the church to the dignity of a minor basilica on the seventh centenary of the death of St Anthony.