On the end wall to the right is a 2nd century AD Roman bas-relief depicting an eagle encircled with a crown of oak leaves, emblems of civil and military virtues. It was found in the Forum of Trajan nearby. Below this bas-relief is an inscription commorating the consecration of the church by Pope Sixtus V in 1586. Below that is a stone lion by Pietro Vassalletto.
|Related links:||Pietro Vassalletto (1154-1186)|